Nordic Walking - a testimonial #nordic #fitness #health #exercise

Amplify’d from omentor.com

Nordic Walking is an excellent way to exercise and enjoy the outdoors. It is a mix between power walking and cross-country skiing and can be enjoyed by all age groups all year. Nordic Walking poles help you accelerate your workout by lengthening your stride and it uses all your muscle groups for a full body workout. Use the poles for speed and stability and get in shape with all your friends.

Nordic Walking increases your heart rate, and your overall walking experience. You will not feel like you are working harder although your level of exertion will increase burning more calories and working your legs, upper body and back muscles. With Nordic Walking, your fitness level increases, posture improves and you will notice your energy level increasing with every walk. Living healthy with activities you enjoy is the key to success.

Nordic Walking is not the same as trekking. Nordic walking is a technique with a steady rhythmic pace. Trekking is a general activity with a varied pace , terrain and usually involves added weight such as a backpack for carrying supplies.

After going on a few walks I have noticed that my walking pace has increased as opposed to just walking. I’ve read plenty of material stating the health benefits and thought I would share them with you. I am using the Lekisport Walker now, so far so good.

On a personal level when I walk for an hour or so my heart does increase, distance of walking has increased and my level of energy while walking has also increased. I must say when I first started walking I was breathing heavier but that soon diminished in a few minutes as I kept going and found a good pace to keep walking. I believe it is important to find your optimal pace when starting out as not to overwork yourself resulting in tiredness and wanting to take breaks.

The impact on my joints and back has lightened immensely. I’m sure as I continue that weight loss will be inevitable and the combined benefits be great to help me enjoy a more active lifestyle.

I am closing in on my early forties now and I want to be in good shape so I can better enjoy a prolonged retirement with my family when the time comes. I’m sure everyone would love to be healthy during the retirement years and Nordic Walking is a step in the right direction.

Read more at omentor.com
 

No comments: